Download the floorplan of the show’s sectors and galleries to plan your visit to Art Basel.
Miami BeachVisitor InformationDecember 7 – 10, 2017
Opening Hours & Venue
Private Day (by invitation only)
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Vernissage (by invitation only)
Thursday, December 7, 2017, 11am to 3pm
Thursday, December 7, 2017, 3pm to 8pm
Friday, December 8, 2017, 12 noon to 8pm
Saturday, December 9, 2017, 12 noon to 8pm
Sunday, December 10, 2017, 12 noon to 6pm
Miami Beach Convention Center
1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
- For safety and security reasons, all visitors and their belongings are subject to a thorough inspection before entering the show premises.
- Backpacks, suitcases and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- Bags, briefcases and similar items larger than 16" x 8" x 16" (40 x 20 x 40 cm) must be deposited at the Coat Check.
- Only one bag per person is allowed.
- Personal/- non-professional use photography is permitted, however it must be conducted without disruption to the galleries or visitors, and with the safety of the artworks in mind.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the exhibition halls, with the exception of certified service animals for visitors with disabilities.
- Please note that press and promotional photography and filming are taking place on the premises. Attendance at the fair implies permission for your image to be used for non-commercial purposes (including media reports).
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted on the show premises.
Read the full version of our safety and security policy.
Special care has been taken to equip the Miami Beach Convention Center with amenities to provide accessibility to persons with disabilities. Manual wheelchairs and scooters are offered complimentary and available on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be picked up at the information desks.
Visiting with Children
Art Basel brings art to all ages. Future art aficionados aged 4 to 12 are invited to visit our free kindergarten and playroom while their parents tour the show. A team of professionals from the Miami Children’s Museum bring your child’s creative side to life through arts and craft activities, art history and storytelling.
For advanced registration, please contact Anais Rodriguez at email@example.com
To ensure a high quality experience for all our visitors to the show, and a more hands-on interactive experience for students, reservations must be made in advance of the show, as school group visits will be limited each day - book your school group now. Take a look at our school group guidelines here.
Introducing children to Modern and contemporary art can be the beginning of a life-long adventure. Here are some tips for making the most of your children's visit to Art Basel:
- Children under age 16 must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Remind your children to always walk, not run.
- Smaller children can be brought in baby strollers, which are permitted throughout the venue.
- Remind children that security guards protect us and the art; please ask your children to respect their requests.
- Instruct your children to never touch art as it can be damaged by the natural oils on their fingers.
- To protect the art, please enjoy food and beverages only in the dining areas, especially with children.
Sublimis, Art Basel's official concierge for the Miami Beach show, offers exclusive, personal and tailored services to our guests. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +41 44 400 00 20.
Touring the show with a knowledgeable art expert is one of the richest ways to experience Art Basel. They can introduce you to the artwork, provide context and answer your questions.
Guided tours of Art Basel are available daily during show hours - visit our partner Art Nexus' website to book your tour.
Corporate and private groups should contact email@example.com for customized tour arrangements, available in English, Spanish. German, Mandarin and Russian upon request.
With its world-class art museums and private collections, plus its vibrant gallery scene, Miami Beach provides its visitors a wealth of opportunities to view some of the finest examples of Modern and contemporary art. Many of Miami's internationally renowned institutions offer special exhibits to coincide with Art Basel.
Within the Miami Beach Convention Center there are two self-service restaurants, food markets and various cafes. The Collectors Lounge features Michy's, a seated restaurant, by Miami's star chef Michelle Bernstein. Light meals are served at the outdoor Garden Café in the Botanical Garden across the street from the Convention Center.
Future Show Dates
At the nexus of North America and Latin America, Art Basel in Miami Beach presents artworks from across the globe. Over 250 of the world’s leading galleries participate drawing over 70,000 visitors each year, offering an exciting and inspiring week for artists, collectors, curators, critics and art enthusiasts.