Tickets may be purchased online here. Click here for reduced-price tickets for students and seniors. Tickets can also be purchased at the box office in the West Lobby of the Miami Beach Convention Center, beginning December 6, 2018.
Miami BeachVisitor InformationDecember 6 – 9, 2018
Private Day (by invitation only)
Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 11am to 8pm
Vernissage (by invitation only)
Thursday, December 6, 2018, 11am to 3pm
Thursday, December 6, 2018, 3pm to 8pm
Friday, December 7, 2018, 12 noon to 8pm
Saturday, December 8, 2018, 12 noon to 8pm
Sunday, December 9, 2018, 12 noon to 6pm
Miami Beach Convention Center
1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
- For safety and security reasons, all visitors and their belongings are subject to a thorough inspection before entering the show premises.
- Backpacks, suitcases and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- Bags, briefcases and similar items larger than 16" x 8" x 16" (40 x 20 x 40 cm) must be deposited at the Coat Check.
- Only one bag per person is allowed.
- Personal/- non-professional use photography is permitted, however it must be conducted without disruption to the galleries or visitors, and with the safety of the artworks in mind.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the exhibition halls, with the exception of certified service animals for visitors with disabilities.
- Please note that press and promotional photography and filming are taking place on the premises. Attendance at the fair implies permission for your image to be used for non-commercial purposes (including media reports).
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted on the show premises.
Read the full version of our safety and security policy.
Special care has been taken to equip the Miami Beach Convention Center with amenities to provide accessibility to persons with disabilities. Manual wheelchairs and scooters are offered complimentary and available on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be picked up at the information desks.
Download the floorplan of the show’s sectors and galleries to plan your visit to Art Basel.
Visiting with Children
Art Basel brings art to all ages. Future art aficionados aged 4 to 12 are invited to visit our free kindergarten and playroom while their parents tour the show. A team of professionals from the Miami Children’s Museum bring your child’s creative side to life through arts and craft activities, art history and storytelling.
To ensure a high quality experience for all our visitors to the show, and a more hands-on interactive experience for students, pre-registration must be made in advance of the show, as school group visits will be limited each day; school groups are defined as grades K – 12. For school group tickets, please register here. Rules and guidelines can be found here soon.
Introducing children to Modern and contemporary art can be the beginning of a life-long adventure. Here are some tips for making the most of your children's visit to Art Basel:
- Children under age 16 must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Remind your children to always walk, not run.
- Smaller children can be brought in baby strollers, which are permitted throughout the venue.
- Parents who would like to nurse their children in a peaceful environment are welcome to do so in the Nursing Room, located in the West Lobby.
- Remind children that security guards protect us and the art; please ask your children to respect their requests.
- Instruct your children to never touch art as it can be damaged by the natural oils on their fingers.
- To protect the art, please enjoy food and beverages only in the dining areas, especially with children.
Touring the show with a knowledgeable art expert is one of the richest ways to experience Art Basel. They can introduce you to the artwork, provide context and answer your questions.
Guided tours of Art Basel are organized in partnership with ArtNexus and available daily during show hours. You can book your tour here.
Customized tours for corporate and private groups can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. These are available in English and Spanish. Tours in German, Mandarin, and Russian are available upon request.
With its world-class art museums and private collections, plus its vibrant gallery scene, Miami Beach provides its visitors a wealth of opportunities to view some of the finest examples of Modern and contemporary art. Many of Miami's internationally renowned institutions offer special exhibits to coincide with Art Basel.
Within the Miami Beach Convention Center there are two self-service food markets and various cafes. Catering by Miami's star chef Michelle Bernstein is available in the Collectors Lounge, as well as in the new sit-down Restaurant by Michy's that is open to the public. Light meals are served at the outdoor Garden Cafe in the Botanical Garden across the street from the Convention Center, also catered by Michelle Bernstein.
Future Show Dates
At the nexus of North America and Latin America, Art Basel in Miami Beach presents artworks from across the globe. Over 250 of the world’s leading galleries participate drawing over 70,000 visitors each year, offering an exciting and inspiring week for artists, collectors, curators, critics and art enthusiasts.